A global perspective offers students and teachers:
- an approach which takes into account the whole of human society and the environments in which people live
- an emphasis on the future, the dynamic nature of human society, and each person’s capacity to choose and shape preferred futures
- an opportunity to explore important themes such as change, interdependence, identity and diversity, rights and responsibilities, peace building, poverty and wealth, sustainability and global justice
- a focus on cooperative learning and action, and shared responsibility
- an emphasis on critical thinking and communication
- an opportunity to develop positive and responsible values and attitudes, important skills and an orientation to active participation.